28 jan. 2013

Kustom 1951 Mercury For Sale

My good friend Mr D.Dyvling is selling his 1951 Mercury.
A Kustom built here in Sweden and the Kustom king George Barris helped Daniel with the first cut on the top chop!
This car has all the classic work done. Frenched nosed decked chopped ,yeah you know the drill..
The car has just been sitting in the dust lately , and Daniel thinks its time to pass the torch to a new owner.

 If you are SERIOUSLY interested in this car you can email me at: FlatheadRoadster@gmail.com and I´ll pass the contact info to the owner of this beauty!
I let the pictures speak by them self.

26 jan. 2013

Castle Run 2013

Check it out! more info at: Thecastlerun.blogspot.com

24 jan. 2013

Perfect Chopper Fenders

Im getting a little collection of Triumph ribbed rear fenders now. Can you have to many?

22 jan. 2013

Panhead Egg&Bacon

If you get hungry on the road its allways good to have a panhead with you.

21 jan. 2013

One life ends - A new one begins Part 2

Yesterday I showed you all the pics of when i had this 32 fram in a framejig and riveted it back together.
When i got back i started to make the frame to a roller as quick as I could as I had parts spread out way to much in the garage so I couldnt work in there!

I started using the rear end I bought from my buddy Wayne in canada. This rear end will later get the Halibrand culver city quickchange center.
I wanted to use the old chrome heavy axle I had in the old chassie so I had to take the hole thing apart to get just the axle. and I needed the wishbone from the 32 roadster chassie so had to take that apart as well and to put it all together again I needed another heavy for as the one I was putting back on the old chassie was tweaked.
But finally i got all parts I needed får the patina chassie. I used the old chrome 32 spindles I got with the chrome heavy when I bought it several years ago just added new kingpins and berings! I also took the pedal setup from the old chassie and scrapedof the old disgusting green paint that was all over it. All brake parts has been gone trough and put on the new chassie so this will be great on the road!

Soon came the moment to lift of the body from the old chassie and add it to the new.
I felt bad that I took my dear roadster apart. it was ready to hit the road a week earlier.
 But it deservs a new start whit new chassie,rearend , tranny and engine!
As soon as it was on the new chassie I had to cut a hole in the floor to let the model a crossmember stick trough. It is now lower then before and stands more straight! just like I wanted it.
I had good help from my byddys natalie and david and ofcourse my girlfriend was there as a withness and held company with Mike from A-Bombers car club.
Now I can start reaseble the 32 roadster on my old chassie.
That old chassie started its life as a Tudor , had a 28 roadster for a while and now it ends up with a Henry 32 roadster! And I can finally get some space in the garage as the more parts is going back to the cars.
It took 3 weeks of my life with some hard working to get her, but I do feel alittle calm by now.

20 jan. 2013

One life ends - A new one begins Part 1

The last two weeks has been bizzy as hell.
I decided to use the frame from my 32 roadster under my 28 roadster as the patina was right for my car.
I started the 28 raodster up for the last time in that shape.
Next time she will have a completly new build chassie and drivetrain.

So I started to take the frame of the 32 roadster and take it up to Borlänge to my brother Ronnie to use a contruction to check if the frame was straight and to rivet it back together as all frameparts where bolted togheter.
I broght back the 36 LB engine I borrow from Ronnie last summer as mine broke down. Took it all on a trailer and hit the road trough Sweden.
When I finally got there I just had to start take it all apart and start straighten the frame horns up as they where tweaked alot! Even the rear part over the rearend was bent out and needed to come back.

We borrowed a perfect tool for this operation. A Induction heater! what a tool!
When everything was done with the frame rail we had to start working on the rear crossmember.
Im gonna use a Halibrand CulverCity 101 quickchange in the rear so thats why Im using a model a crossmember. And it needs alot of work to make it fit the 32 rails. You can see in the pictures how we made it fit. Looks pretty good when we where done!

Then we had to start rivet it back together again we where in a hurry because everything had to be done in a weekend and I got there by noon on friday.
Ronnie and I started by our self and heating up the rivets and bang it but we got help during the day by Stefan and Andreas! and that saved us alot of time working.
By 10 pm everything was done. And we could load my trailer and I could leave in the morning after.

It was a stressfull weekend but in good company of friends and ofcourse alot of beer you can make it! Thanks for everything dudes!