4 maj 2011

1932 Ford alumium oil pan










A couple of months ago I bought a original 1932 aluminum oilpan in sad shape.
As allways when you find something old and used item it need tender and love.
It had plenty of old repairs and the welder must have taken crack before he started because he could not know what the hell he was doing.
Everywhere it was welded it was cracked.

So we started to cut out the badest area and weld the edges to mix the old material with better. then cut a new piece of plate to fill the hole and weld it.

The starter cover was orignally made of steel but was gone when I got it.
So I took a flathead 45 Harley piston I had left from my old Harley and lathed all internal out so it would fit over the bendix gear and then weld it.


Now the big work starts to grind everything down and get it smooth so I can polish it!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar