23 mars 2011

cleve - weld/general jumbo & Michelin Rims



Got these odd wheels in my collection of wierd Ford related parts.

Cleve-weld or more known as the general jumbo.

General Jumbo Wheels 1930's Balloon Tires were introduced in the early thirties.
All the major tire manufacturers offered their version of the tires. General Tire Co. called them Jumbos... "General Jumbo" is the most well known version of the "Balloon Tires"

Firestone and Goodyear use model names "Air Wheel" and "Air Balloon". The wheel that General Tire Company used was produced by Cleveland Welding and the wheel was stamped with the identifying mark, Cleve Weld. Kelsey Hayes, Clark Equipment, and a number of other companies manufactured wheels for other tire companies. They were offered as a package, wheel/tire combination from the tire companies.

I think my wheels are from BF Goodrich.

A Couple of days a got these wierd Michelin rims.
they are stamped made in france ,Michelin very odd looking wheel.
I havent found any info about them yet but as soon as I get it I will put it up here.
If you got any info email me at Flatheadroadster@gmail.com

The coolest thing about these 2 sets of rims is they all have 5,5x5 Ford bolt pattern!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar